Activities of this New Project
1. Redesigning our website to help us better share what we've learned in the first 10 years. (In progress)
2. Transferring lesson plans from the old website to the new. (Completed)
3. Writing the SMART curriculum developed during 10 years of reading to children, presenting hands-on programs, and giving away more than 35,000 books. (In progress and ongoing)
4. Creating a series of short videos to educate parents about literacy building activities they can enjoy with their children; also to tell our story, to teach how we tell our stories, and to inspire others to tell theirs. (Video #1 completed and on the For Parents page of this website)
5. Sharing our videos, website and curriculum at conferences and other public venues.
6. Sharing our videos and website at friend-raisers and fundraisers.
Fundraising Goal for this Project: $20,000
Expenses for this project include video production, equipment, licenses, and editing software.
Volunteers Needed for this Project
1. Co-hosts and organizers for friend and fundraising events
2. Volunteers to appear in the videos
Target Audiences for this Project
1. Parents with young children will learn from our two-minute activity videos and "How To" pages. Examples: How to Make Giant Bubbles, How to Throw a SMART Party, How to Plant Seeds and Seedlings with a Toddler
2. Teachers of early childhood and primary age children will appreciate our lesson plans and links.
Timeline for this Project
1. Website design
2. Transfer of lesson plans from old website to new
3. Creation of 3 short videos for parent education/early childhood educator professional development
1. Creation of 5 short videos for parent education/professional development
2. Writing and adding 5 new lesson plans to the website.
Purpose of this Project: Saving and Sharing Lessons Learned